Practice Exam #7
1. Tamiflu is considered an antiviral . The generic name for Tamiflu is:
B. testosterone topical
2. If the contents of (8) 75 mg capsules of ketoprofen are mixed with 40 g of a 5% ketoprofen topical cream, what will be the percentage of ketoprofen in the resultant mixture?
3. Considered a respiratory agent (leukotriene receptor blocker) , montelukast is known by which of the following brand names?
4. Four pints of a 1 : 5000 solution would require approximately how many 20 mg tablets of Drug “X”?
A. 14 tablets
B. 19 tablets
C. 24 tablets
D. 34 tablets
5. Seroquel is considered a psychotropic agent (antipsychotic) . The generic name for Seroquel is:
D. zolpidem tartrate
6. Rounding to the nearest whole number, approximately what quantity of drug is required to prepare 1 gal in such a way that when 3 fl dr of the resulting solution is diluted to 1 qt yields a 1 : 750 solution?
A. 25800 gr
B. 4.3 mcg
C. 430 g
D. 43000 mg
7. Aciphex is considered a gastrointestinal agent (antacid/antiulcer/PPI) . The generic name for Aciphex is:
D. testosterone topical
8. Rounding to the nearest whole number, solve: 212 Kg + 150 lb + 222 oz + 139 gr = ? g
9. Clopidogrel (Plavix®) is considered a/an :
A. anticholinergic agent
B. cardiovascular agent (antihyperlipidemic)
C. cardiovascular agent (platelet aggregate inhibitor)
D. psychotropic agent (antidepressant)
10. Prednisolone syrup is available as 15 mg / 5 mL . If a prescription calls for 25 mg ac and 15 mg hs, how much syrup will you dispense for a 15 day supply?
A. 40 fl dr
B. 5.71 fl oz
C. 0.33 pt
D. 450 mL
11. Spiriva is considered an anticholinergic agent . The generic name for Spiriva is:
A. tiotropium inhalation
12. Which of the following is indicated for treatment of genital herpes and herpes zoster (shingles) in immunocompetent adults ?
A. sildenafil citrate
13. If 96 mL of a 10% alcohol solution is diluted to 150 mL with normal saline (0.9%) what will be the concentration of alcohol expressed in mg / mL?
A. 512 mg / mL
B. 256 mg / mL
C. 128 mg / mL
D. 64 mg / mL
14. Considered an antidiabetic agent (meglitinide), repaglinide is known by which of the following brand names?
15. Atorvastatin is indicated for the:
A. treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD), generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), and for the management of
neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia, and chronic musculoskeletal pain.
B. reduction of total-cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia as an
adjunct to other lipid-lowering treatments.
C. prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which may lead to pulmonary embolism (PE), and the prophylaxis of
ischemic complications of unstable angina and non-Q-wave myocardial infarction,when concurrently administered
D. treatment of adults with mild, moderate, nd severe infections caused by susceptible strains of various
16. Calcipotriene/Betamethasone Dipropionate (Taclonex®) is considered a/an :
A. anti-infective agent (quinolone antibiotic)
B. coagulation modifier (anticoagulant/heparin)
C. topical agent/dermatological (antipsoriatic/steriod/Vitamin D3 derivative)
D. psychotropic agent(SSNRI antidepressant)
17. Clemastine fumarate syrup is available as 0.67 mg / 5 mL. If a prescription calls for 2 mg h10am and 1 mg hs, how much syrup will you dispense for a 10 day supply?
A. 61 fl dr
B. 6.4 fl oz
C. 0.37 pt
D. 276 mL
18. Ultram ER® is considered an analgesic . The generic name for Ultram ER® is:
A. tramadol HCL
C. morphine sulfate
19. Which of the following formulas might be used to prepare 300 mL of D7.5W? (round to nearest whole number)
A. 100 mL D10W + 200 mL D5W
B. 150 mL D10W + 150 mL D5W
C. 150 mL D10W + 150 mL SWFI
D. 100 mL D10W + 200 mL SWFI
20. How much of a 50% alcohol solution should be mixed with a 5% alcohol solution to prepare 1500 mL of a 20% alcohol solution?
A. 675 mL
B. 1000 mL
C. 250 mL
D. 500 mL
© 2010 - 2011 GPhT.org all rights reserved