Practice Exam #6
1. Which of the following Brand/generic name combinations is correct?
A. Arimidex® / drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol
B. Yaz® / drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol
C. Zetia® / ezetimibe and simvastatin
D. Concentra® / amphetamine and dextroamphetamine
2. What is the full price of 90 tablets of "Drug Y", assuming your cost for 500 tablets is $425.00 with a 28% markup and a dispensing fee of $4.85 ?
3. Pharmaceutical equivalency does not mean that two drugs _________.
A. are the same shape and color
B. have the same quantiy of active ingredient
C. belong to the same therapeutic class
D. produce the same effects in patients
4. 120° C equals ______° Fahrenheit.
5. To be in compliance with the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005, an individual's purchase of pseudoephedrine must be limited to ________ in a 24 hour period.
A. 3.6 g
B. 7.5 g
C. 9 g
D. none of the above
6. 185 kg = _____ lb
7. Which DEA form is used to report the theft or loss of Controlled Substances?
8. How many 150 mg tablets of a particular drug would be required to make 1.5 L of a 1 : 500 solution?
9. Fenofibrate, indicated for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia, is available in all but which of the following brand names:
10. You receive a stat order for "Drug X" 25 mcg / Kg. The patient's reported body weight is 176 lb. How much "Drug X" will you dispense?
A. 20 mg
B. 200 mg
C. 2 mg
D. 0.2 mg
11. Antidepressants are drugs used to prevent or treat clinical depression. Which of the following is not an antidepressant?
12. How many 75 mg clindamycin capsules are required to compound a prescription reading:
"clindamycin 5%, propylene glycol 5%, isopropyl alcohol q.s. ad 480 mL"?
A. 315 capsules
B. 640 capsules
C. 320 capsules
D. 635 capsules
13. Your pharmacy employs an alpha-generic organization for storing drugs. The pharmacist asks you to re-shelf a bulk container of Diovan® 160 mg tablets. You should place the container on the shelf between:
A. dicloxacillin and dipyridamole
B. varenicline and venlafaxine
C. valproic acid and vardenafil
D. doxepin and duloxetine
14. What is the final percentage strength of the resultant solution when mixing the following:
200 mL of a 85% solution
350 mL of a 70% solution
450 mL of a 50% solution
15. Vancenase/Valcyte, K-dur/Imdur, and Neoral/Nizoral are all examples of:
A. Brand name vs. generic name
B. Look-alike, sound-alike drug names
C. Immunosuppressive agents
D. ALL of the above
16. In what proportion should 5% zinc oxide be mixed with petrolatum to produce a 0.5% zinc oxide ointment?
A. 4.5 parts zinc oxide; 0.5 part petrolatum
B. 5 parts zinc oxide; 0.5 part petrolatum
C. 0.5 part zinc oxide; 4.5 parts petrolatum
D. 5 parts zinc oxide; 1 part petrolatum
17. OxyIR® is a Schedule II opioid analgesic. The generic name for OxyIR® is:
18. How many milliliters of a 65% (w/v) solution will be necessary to make 82.75 fl oz of a 1 : 1250 solution? (round to the nearest whole number)
A. 4 mL
B. 9 mL
C. 3 mL
19. " . . . must be stocked separately in a secure area and continually monitored and documented," is an excerpt from the inventory management procedure for:
A. BTC drugs
B. Schedule III drugs
C. OTC drugs
D. Schedule II drugs
20. An IV has been ordered to run at 10 drops/min. It contains 450 mg of a particular drug in a total of 1000 ml. How many mg of of the drug will the patient received per hour if the set is calibrated to delivered 60 drops/ml?
A. 10 mg/hr
C. 4.5 mg/hr
© 2010 - 2011 GPhT.org all rights reserved